Esther's Place

Esther's Place

February 27, 2014

How I Work Smarter in My Etsy Store


Many Etsy shop owners are busy mompreneurs.  We are busy taking care of young children, shuttling older children to and fro or working a job outside the home. Let's face it.  We have a lot on our plates.  We are busy in our families.  We are busy in our communities. Many are busy working outside the home.

I've struggled with the balance.  (I suspect I am not alone.) I've struggled with being overwhelmed with all the different roles I need to perform as the owner of Esther's Place.

But....

I love being creative.
  
I want to share my creativity with others.

I want Esther's Place to be a successful Etsy shop.

Do I have what it takes to be a successful Etsy shop owner?

Yes, I do have what it takes if I work smarter. It has taken me a while, but I'm learning to work smarter and be more productive.

Here are three things I do to work smarter in Esther's Place.
  • I stay focused on my goals.  I keep my goals for the year, the month and the week in a place I can see them daily. If I start to feel scattered and a bit unfocused, the lists help me re-focus back to my current task.
  • I do not multitask.  Despite what I think, invariably I end up spending more time on a task or needing to re-do a task.  
  • I remember: I cannot do it all.  (Thanks, @VendRaleigh for reminding me!) 
I challenge you to work smarter this week. 

What are your tips for working smarter?