Esther's Place

Esther's Place

February 25, 2013

What Inspires My Creations

I sometimes wonder how I got into the heritage craft business. 

It's the photographs.

Daniel T Richardson Family
 So much of what I do comes back to the photographs in my family history collection.  Back to the time when getting your photograph was a big deal. An occasion.  Not something that happened everyday.

Lester and Walter Howard
I never fail to look at the photographs of my ancestors and wonder about the story behind the photo.  Many of the stories are left to my imagination.  There is no one left who remembers the stories.

Clyde Haley and his dog
But by pulling others out of the box and sharing them again, conversations are started.  Stories are shared.  Family history is preserved.

Stories, relationships and history. 

That's my inspiration.

What inspires your creations?