Esther's Place

Esther's Place

March 14, 2013

My Etsy Story

If you have spent any time on this blog or my companion blogs Are You My Cousin? and Dearest Esther, you know I am passionate about sharing the stories of my ancestors - and yours, too!

So, just how did I come to open Esther's Place on Etsy?

 I have loved making crafts since I was a little girl. I much preferred the craft classes at camp to the more traditional activities of swimming, etc. I really don't remember a time when I did not have some craft project in progress.

Fast forward to the present.

Two things happened in recent years:
  • I fell in love with genealogy.
  • I became the recipient of many family photos, letters, postcards from the generations past. 
 I desperately wanted to share those family stories and photographs with my family and encourage others to get their ancestors "out of the box".


Making coasters with my ancestors' images just seemed logical (and fun!). Oh the conversations that were sparked when family saw what I was working on. From there the ideas just kept coming: necklaces, scrabble tile ornaments on mini Christmas trees, wine glass charms....

I wanted to help others discover and share their ancestors, too. That's how Esther's Place came to be on Etsy. [My shop is named for my paternal great grandmother Esther Richardson Talbott.]

Are you ready to get your ancestors out of that shoebox? Need a few ideas to get your started?  Leave a comment. I'd love to chat.